Tuesday, January 28, 2014

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Well, today I thought I'd share one of my family's favorite recipes: BBQ Chicken Pizza. It's just so yummy. Sweet, tangy, saucy, a little bit spicy, and all-around delicious! I love it because, once again, it is just so versatile! You can really make it your own by playing around with veggie combinations, different sauces, etc.. We usually use Sweet Baby Ray's sauce because it is really yummy and smoky sweet, but I can envision a number of delicious scenarios all based on the sauce. I've tried this recipe with cabbage and sweet potatoes too . . . TO DIE FOR. Literally, one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten. And don't forget, you have multiple cheese options! I often use cheddar because I seem to have that on hand more, but I've also used pepperjack (with the cabbage . . . phenomenal!), swiss, and good old mozzarella. Other ideas/combos, anyone?

I use Bobby Flay's pizza crust recipe, here. I've been using it for a while now and it never fails. He says to use bread flour, but I usually just use all purpose, which makes a nice, soft, chewy crust.

I know this post is short and sweet, but I'm working it in between nap-time and feeding a hungry newborn, so, no complaining! So without further adieu . . . . (what does that mean, anyway . . . ?)


BBQ Chicken Pizza


2 prepared pizza crusts (recipe above)
2 cups (approx.) your choice of BBQ sauce. Here I used Sweet Baby Ray's.
2 cups grated cheese, again, your choice. Here I used Cheddar. 
Various veggies, chopped. Here I used 1 large sliced red onion, several handfuls of baby spinach, and I usually use chopped roma tomatoes. 
2-3 cooked and diced chicken breasts
Dried basil and oregano
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place prepared dough onto greased cookie sheets/pizza pans. 
Spread the bbq sauce over the crust thickly. You don't want it all to soak in, so use a good amount. I use a pastry brush for this. Next add the spinach evenly over the pizza, and then the chicken and onion and tomatoes (or whatever other veggies you have). Top with grated cheese. I usually add one more little swirl of bbq sauce over the top of that, but more for looks than anything. Finally, sprinkle a little salt, pepper, basil, and oregano over the very top. 

Pop into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until the crust is a nice golden brown and the cheese is melted. Enjoy! 



(Sorry for the terrible picture . . . )


No comments:

Post a Comment