Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Faith Like Little Molly

My daughter just turned 1 month old. Gosh, that makes me start to feel old! I feel like I just had her!

She is such a delight to me! I am continually amazed at just how perfect her little body is, how beautiful she already is. God must look at her as His creation and see that it is good. :)

I have been considering her a lot this week. Considering her and comparing myself to her. That has caused me to think a lot about the nature of faith. I feel like Molly is proving to me more and more what "child-like faith" looks like.

If you're unsure what I mean by child-like faith, here is a passage from Scripture. Mark 10:13-16 says,

And they were bringing children to Him so that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant and said to them, “Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.” And He took them in His arms and began blessing them, laying His hands on them.

So, my goal as a Christian is to rely on the Lord with that faith, like a child has faith.

Molly depends on me for everything. When she is hungry, she cries, and I feed her. When she is tired or has a wet diaper, she cries, and I tend to her. When she is hurting, she cries, and I try to help her. She knows that I will answer, that I will (try to) provide what she needs. She does not fear me. She trusts me completely. She loves nothing better than to be snuggled up next to me, warm and content.

She doesn't know or understand days or times. She doesn't know there's such a thing as tomorrow. She doesn't worry. She simply lives moment by moment, and is only concerned about her immediate needs. She only knows the present, and perhaps remembers some of the past.

I have been praying that God would make me more like that. Able to depend on him completely. Able to "forget" about tomorrow, in a sense. Able to rest by his side, happy and content in the knowledge that He will care for my every need. Able to cry out to Him in faith, knowing that He will answer, and He will bring comfort and strength.

I am praying that God will teach me even more from observing my daughter how to better be His daughter.


My Cutie Pie. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment