Thursday, October 11, 2012

6 Ingredient Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

So my mom is on a Gluten-free diet for her health. Bummer. Sure doesn't sound like fun to me, but then  . . . I am a carbaholic. Anything involving bread, dough, chocolate . . . . I'm addicted . . . .

Anyway, confessions aside, I've been trying to find some recipes that she can eat. But of course, I have to try them out first, right? And if you're like me, a lot of gluten-free recipes are scary. Half of the ingredients, I have never heard of! So, simple and familiar has been my goal.

I found a recipe on this blog. Hers was a 5 ingredient recipe, and I just had to add one more to the mix . . . oats. I love chunky, hearty cookies, and oats seem to fill the bill pretty well when it comes to expanding your cookie dough.

Today was the perfect day for the "experiment." I mean, how many afternoons do I have the baby sleeping peacefully in her bouncy seat, the dishes done and the kitchen clean, dinner in the crockpot?, and me with practially nothing to do but have fun in the kitchen? Not many, lately. So I launched into the recipe.

(Here's a picture of Molly peacefully sleeping. And I didn't even tell her to!)


Anyway, here are the 6 ingredients. Drum roll please . . . .

6 Ingredient Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

(Makes about 1 dozen) 

1 cup of Creamy Peanut Butter
1 cup of firmly packed Brown Sugar
1 large Egg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup Oats (I only had Quick Cooking, but Whole would work too)




Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Gently mix all the ingredients together.




 Form small 1 1/2 inch balls and flatten. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.




Bake for about 9 minutes. Let cookies cool at least 5 minutes before removing them. 

The last step is always my favorite. Get a big glass of milk (hopefully you're not lactose-free too!), and try them out! 



They turned out to be delicious. A little bit crumbly, but as they cool they firm up a bit more. And with no butter or flour, they are a quick, easy cookie to make . . . which is probably not a good thing in my case. :) 

All right. Success! Time to give mom my recipe! 






No comments:

Post a Comment